Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! It's been a LONG time since I've done a Friday Favorites post! I've had some big time writers block lately, but really want to get back in the swing of things. I thought a Friday Favorites would be a great way to kick off the first Friday of the month!

Enjoy!


1. Finding selfies from my five year old on my phone. These types of pictures always make me smile...what a goof! Love this boy!















2. Almond Joy Granola from The Lemon Bowl blog. This is has become a staple in our home...I love it! I eat it with plain Greek yogurt for breakfast, or a snack, or dinner...
















3. Homemade chocolate banana 'ice cream.' Easy peasy and really tasty! Take a few frozen bananas, a dash of vanilla, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder, then turn on the food processor until it has the consistency of soft serve ice cream. My boys ate.it.up (and so did I)!! Note: frozen bananas and food processor blades are LOUD













4. Green smoothies. Matt and I are becoming totally addicted to these yummy smoothies! We make one for breakfast almost every morning. The one in the picture had spinach, strawberries, mango, blueberries, Greek yogurt, unflavored protein powder (you can put this in SO MANY recipes), and chia seeds.  Yum! Did you see how I didn't clear out a space and make my kitchen look spotless?? :)













5. New hair! It had been awhile since I'd had my hair highlighted, and I wanted to do something a little different. The ombre look is in now, but my stylist and I decided that having a very dark (almost brown) up against my face would just depress me...I'm used to lighter blonde, especially now that the weather is supposed to be warming up! So she did an awesome dark brown, light blonde highlight panel-style all over. I love it! Don't you just love having your hair cut, colored, and styled??













post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment