Monday, October 28, 2013

Fall Fabric Pumpkins | Make Your Own

Today at my MOPS meeting we made these adorable fall pumpkins and I wanted to share them with you. By the way, if you're a mom of preschoolers, I highly encourage you to find a MOPS group in your area. This is my fourth year with MOPS and I love it!


I don't know where this original idea came from, so I'm sorry I can't give proper credit for this project. It's so easy that I just let our 4.5 year old loose with the supplies and he made five of them all by himself! This is a great activity for kids! Plus, you can keep them up all during the autumn season!


Anyway, so all you need for these cute pumpkins are:
A roll of toilet paper (yes, toilet paper!)
6 plastic grocery sacks
A fat quarter piece of fabric
Torn brown kraft paper, or brown paper sacks

Put one sack inside another, just shove it in there. Next, you basically want to loop the handles through the toilet paper tube and then make a 'side' of the pumpkin with the sack. Do that with the remaining sacks. Just kind of roll, fluff, shape the 'sides' the way you want. Does that make a lick of sense?
Next, put your pumpkin in the middle of your fabric, then begin to shape your pumpkin by pushing the corners of the fabric into the toilet paper tube. You'll need to work the fabric to make the shape that you want. I found that making little pleats as we stuff helps it take shape. Once you get your pumpkin to your desired shape, take some brown kraft paper and make a little stem. 
Easy peasy! Don't over think it or try to make them perfect...I think they look cute when they're not perfect circular pumpkins!

Below are photos, which may well be more clear than my written directions! 







post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment