Friday, October 4, 2013

31 Days of Healthy Living | Day 4



Welcome to Day 4 of my 31 Days of Healthy Living Series! 

I hope you're enjoying it so far! Today, I want to share with you my all time favorite bleach alternative. What? There's another way to disinfect without that nasty bleach smell??
You betcha! And it's SAFE, NATURAL, BIODEGRADABLE, and NONTOXIC! It's actually the safest on the market!!
 I'm talking about Basic G, Shaklee's Natural Germicide! Basic G is a safe alternative to bleach, Lysol, 409, Clorox Cleanup...any of those hardcore disinfectants that you may use around your home.

And it's so easy to use, too. Mix 3/4 teaspoon to 16 oz water and you've got a full bottle of disinfecting power! Because it's so concentrated, a little goes a long way and saves money!
Basic G has a three year shelf life. Its residual effectiveness lasts up to THREE DAYS after application. Chlorine bleach used as a disinfectant is only effective for about an hour. Basic G is perfect wherever disinfectants are needed and kills up to 99% of bacteria! Basic G also kills 38 pathogens, while Lysol only kills 8 pathogens!
So here's a quick run down on Basic G and why I think you'd love it as much as we do!
Cleans
Deodorizes
Free of bleach and alcohol
Gets rid of fungi (mold) and viruses
Kills 99.9% of E. coli and salmonella bacteria
EPA registered
Super concentrated - 1 quart makes up to 64 gallons = CHEAP!!

Here are the many places you can use Basic G!
Bathroom
  • Toilets (this and Nature Bright are my only toilet bowl cleaners..safe and effective!)
  • Garbage pails
  • Sinks and faucets
  • Showers
Kitchen (note: not to be used around food)
  • Countertops
  • Sinks
  • Refrigerator handles
  • Kill salmonella after preparing meats
  • Trash can
  • Use as a mopping solution (just mix 1 tablespoon to one gallon of water)
Other uses
  • I use it to get my husband's stinky soccer clothes extra clean! Just add 1 teaspoon per laundry load. 
  • Use it to clean your reusable grocery bags. Read about how I do it here
  • Great weed killer!
  • Safe for all surfaces: stainless steel, aluminum, hard and non-porous surfaces
  • Can even be used as a weed killer! Use 1 gallon of water, 1 tablespoon of Basic G and 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
I love knowing that I can kill germs and not use all the harsh chemicals to do so. Basic G is a safe alternative to any disinfectant out there and works even better!
To read more about Basic G and order your own bottle, please shop here!
If you have questions, let me know!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment