Thursday, October 3, 2013

31 Days of Healthy Living | Day 3




Hello, hello! Welcome to Day 3 of my Healthy Living series!


Today I'm going to chat with you about exercise. We all need to exercise, preferably everyday. I want to workout everyday (I LOVE to exercise!!), but I don't always get to because of...well, life! 
Exercise is so very beneficial to us. Neurotransmitters that promote feelings of well-being, comfort and relaxation are released during exercise! Even just 10 minutes of activity can relax your mind and body, as well as burn off those calories and fat! It really is a win-win!
Feeling that 'ugh' when you think about exercise? The thing that's worked for me is to find a workout that I truly enjoy!
Need some ideas? My favorite workouts are:
  • Yoga for relaxation, flexibility, core work
  • Insanity for a high intense, sweaty, hard core, body weight resistance, gasping for air workout
  • Zumba for serious cardio along with fun dance
  • Power walking for cardio and leg muscle building
  • Bike riding with the family for cardio and leg muscles
Real Life Note!
I try to do one of these workouts every day. I don't always get in a full workout every day, but I try to at least do 20 minutes of SOMETHING. If I go more than two days without getting my heart rate up and getting sweaty, I start to feel antsy. So I try to keep up with a consistent routine!

I'm with my kids pretty much all day everyday. I don't get to the gym as much as I want to because sometimes the classes just don't work for me. So I like to do a modified Insanity routine at home and try to get my boys involved! My oldest runs the stopwatch and writes down my 'scores' on a piece of paper (it's a great way for him to practice numbers!!) and my youngest either turns the music on and off or tries to exercise with me. Sometimes it's a little stressful and I don't get my full workout in, but something is better than nothing, right? 
What are your favorite workouts? How often do you exercise?


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment