Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Close to Home

The devastating tornado that ripped through Moore, Oklahoma yesterday is near and dear to my heart. I grew up in Norman, OK (about 10 miles south of Moore) and my entire family still lives up there. I was a junior in college when the May 3, 1999 tornado came through Moore on almost the same path as yesterday. I still remember where I was that day...luckily, out of harms way.

Oklahoma is my home...I love it and the events from yesterday have left me in tears. I'm actually glad we have two smalls boys at home so we can't turn on the tv and watch the coverage. We're protecting their eyes and ears while we can.

So many of us feel useless in times like this, especially when we're out of state. What can we do? How can we help?

There are many ways you can help!

If you live in the OKC metro area, here's a list of places that need drop offs
NOTE: Many places do NOT want clothing. They need diapers, formula, wipes, water.

If you don't live in the area, you can donate here:
Red Cross
United Way
Feed the Children
Samaritan's Purse

My brand partner has an amazing program called Shaklee Cares. You can donate money directly to the organization, log in to your Member Center and choose the Care Package you wish to donate, or contact me to order a Care Package that will be sent to the Oklahoma recovery efforts. Prices for the packages range from $30 to $85.

Here's are some of the care packages we have:
Global Relief Package

  • 7 Shaklee 180 Meal Bars
  • 10 Shaklee 180 Snack Bars
  • Vita-Lea Multivitamins
  • Shakleekids Incredivites

Global Relief Germicide Pack

  • Two 32 oz bottles of Basic G
  • Two Basic G spray bottles
First Responder Recovery Pack

  • Shaklee Physique Recovery Drink
  • Vita-Lea Multivitamins
  • Joint & Muscle Pain Cream

Though I don't live in Oklahoma anymore, it will always be home. Thank you so much for rallying around the city of Moore and sending prayers their way!


No comments :

Post a Comment