Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hello, PB2!

Disclaimer: Bell Plantation does not know who I am, therefore, they did not ask for, pay for, or reimburse me for this review.  

I'm usually the last to know about things, PB2 being one of them.  Have you heard of it? It's powdered peanut butter! What, you say? Yes, powdered peanut butter.

All you have to do is mix one tablespoon of water with two tablespoons of PB2 and you end up with the perfect serving size of yummy peanut butter. It sounds weird, but it's so good.

Why is it significant that it's powdered peanut butter? It has 85% less fat calories than your regular peanut butter because there are no added oils and it's all natural. I'd been buying Jif Natural Peanut Butter for a few months, because it had no artificial ingredients in it, but it still has all the fat.

Side note: I really need to be more careful about my label reading, because I just looked at the label today and was dismayed. 1) Jif is part of Smuckers, which is on the Monsanto list. Basically, Smuckers is one of the many companies that DON'T want to be required to list GMO ingredients. 2) That 'natural' peanut butter is made from palm oil. We try not go buy products with palm oil in them. The worlds rainforests and beautiful animals are rapidly diminishing because of companies using palm oil in their products. 

As a serious peanut butter lover, I am stoked. I've been known to eat a healthy size spoonful of peanut butter as a snack. I'm one of those weirdos who thinks peanut butter goes with everything.

We've tried the regular PB2 and the CHOCOLATE PB2. Oh yes, chocolate. It's yum-o!

So, it's become a staple in our home...we love the fact that it's natural, lower in fat, and easy to make. And that's your product review for the week!

Have you tried PB2? Do you like it?

6 comments :

  1. OMG! I love this stuff! I don't think I use the same brand as you do, but it's so cool. I love it in smoothies, and to carry on road trips. We've even mixed it into cookie dough!
    http://www.mondaysnugget.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NEVER heard of this. Is it sold in regular grocery stores?

    Yes, getting rid of the fat is very important and I would think it would last a good long time. But sadly, those GMO's are sneaky...actually it's the companies that are sneaky!!

    I do love me some peanut butter!!

    Penny at Green Moms and Kids
    http://greenmomsandkids.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Chocolate! I'll buy it on our next grocery trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE PB2! We fly though it so fast at our house. Sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I have a jar as well, but I have not tried the chocolate PB2. I just wish it didn't have sugar in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER??? Why did I not know about this??? Lol. I am going to look for this next time I go to the store!!

    I bet the jar lasts a lot longer too!!

    ReplyDelete