Friday, January 18, 2013

A Homeopathic Approach to Pink Eye

Our oldest developed a mild case of pink eye on Sunday. I'm certain he got it from a birthday party at the local germ bounce house.

I took him to the doctor just to be sure, and of course he prescribed some kind of eye drop/antibiotic. I'm really working towards building our home remedies cabinet to treat things like this. I really didn't want to get a prescription medication if there was a safe alternative to treat the pink eye.

After doing a lot of research and chatting with some of my 'greener' mom friends, I decided I would purchase a bottle of colloidal silver to use instead of the prescription meds.

Luckily for me, there were 300 prescriptions in front of us and I didn't want to wait forever for the eye drops. Perfect excuse reason to skip the meds and try the colloidal silver.  A note on the 300 scripts in front of us: the flu has hit our area big time, so our local pharmacies are running triple-time to get meds out to everyone. Yuck. 

So how did the colloidal silver work? Great!

Since he's four and has never had eye drops before, I didn't want to totally traumatize him. I had him lay down, close his eyes, then I put the drops on the inner corner by the bridge of his nose. When he opened his eyes the drops would flow in. Much easier than trying to get him to keep his eyes open.

The pink eye cleared up completely within two days! Yay for homeopathic remedies that are safe and effective!

Disclaimer: This information is NOT intended to be used in place of your personal doctor recommendations. I do not have medical training, am not claiming to be a doctor, and am not claiming to be an expert in the medical field. If you choose to use any homeopathic remedies listed on this site, you are doing so under your own discretion. 


No comments :

Post a Comment