Thursday, September 13, 2012

Green Cleaning Saves Money

OK, so maybe 'going green' isn't for you, but I'm certain that saving green is!

As you well know, we have Shaklee-ized our home over the past few months. That means we've gotten rid of all the toxic cleaning products and replaced them with Shaklee's Always Safe, Always Works, and Always Clean Get Clean Products.

Here's a quick run down on the Get Clean line:
  • Natural and naturally derived ingredients from sustainable sources
  • Packaging is free of bisphenol-A, phthalates, and toxic inks
  • Biodegradable surfactants
  • Recyclable packaging, wipes, and dryer sheets
  • No chlorine bleach, phosphates, nitrates, or borates
  • Concentrated products save energy, eliminate excess packaging


Like I said above, going green may not be your thing, you might not care about ingredients...you just want something that works, right? How about something that works and is cost effective?

This 16 oz bottle of Basic H concentrate is $12.15 retail, or $10.35 if you're a Shaklee member.







One 16 oz bottle of Mrs. Meyers counter spray ranges from $5-$7.
  • Think about it. How often do you use clean your counters? If you're at my house, you'll clean them a minimum of 5 times per day. Minimum. I go through a 16 oz bottle of spray every week. If I were to buy Mrs. Meyers, I'd be spending anywhere from $20-$30 per month on counter spray!

I've had this bottle of Basic H concentrate since April. See how much I've used so far? (I know, it's hard to see, but it's there!) Not much. Why? Because it's a concentrate. All I need is 1/4 teaspoon per 16 oz of water and I've got a full bottle ready to tackle my kitchen!

So the proof is in the pricing, right?

If you want some more information, check out this handy dandy cost comparison chart that shows you just how much you spend on other conventional cleaning products.

So tell me, based on the information above, would you consider switching brands?

No comments :

Post a Comment